Our MyOmBox system relies on many elements and cannot work on its own: the IP address, network cable, internet connection, MyHome BUS gateway connection are all important features you need to check if a problem occurs. But what can you do if your MyOmBox system has stopped working!?
To help you better target the problem you are encountering, we recommend you to apply the following steps before contacting us.
1- Check your MyOmBox power supply
The first thing you need to do is check that your MyOmBox is powered correctly. Depending on your MyOmBox version, you must see a red LED to ascertain there is no power issue. Things are a little more complex for the first MyOmBox version (black box), because the lights are inside the box. You can however see them by tilting the box where the USB ports are positioned…
You can see a red LED
This means that your MyOmBox is correctly powered; you can move onto the second test.
You cannot see a red LED
This means the power supply of your MyOmBox may be faulty. If you have a smartphone power supply in micro-USB 5v format, you can try to plug it in to check whether the red LED comes on. If nothing happens, your MyOmBox may have a problem, in which case please do contact us stating you weren’t able to complete phase 1 of this test.
2- Check your MyOmBox network connectivity
Once you have assessed that your MyOmBox power supply works, you need to check the network connectivity. To do so, your RJ45 network cable must be connected to your MyOmBox as well as your ADSL box. Depending on your MyOmBox version, a yellow and/or green LED should be lit
You can see green and/or yellow LEDs
This means that your MyOmBox is correctly connected to your ADSL box and that the system is booted, you can start test 3.
You cannot see a green or yellow LED
In this scenario, you can carry several tests:
– Try replacing the network cable with another network cable (that of your computer for example) to check if the LEDs light up.
– Try unplugging your MyOmBox power supply, wait 10s, and reconnect it. The RJ45 network cable must always be connected to your ADSL box.
– Try unplugging your ADSL Box power supply, wait 10s, and reconnect it. The RJ45 network cable must always be connected to your ADSL box.
If nothing happens, your MyOmBox may have a problem, in which case please do contact us stating you weren’t able to complete phase 2 of this test.
3- Try establishing a connection to your MyOmBox
If you have reached this step, it is likely that the problem doesn’t come from there. First thing first, you need to establish a connection to MyOmbox. We shall provide a few options below.
Launch an internet browser from your computer or tablet. (We recommend Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari)
a Enter the following address: http://myombox.local (works with Apple devices or with Windows with compatible “Bonjour” softwares)
- If the address above does not work, try the following solutions:
- Install “Safari” or the “Bonjour print services for Windows” from Apple. This programme is required to be able to access the http://myombox.local address.
- To complete this step, you must be connected to the WIFI or via the RJ45 with your computer or tablet. You may also use a network scanner such as “Net Scan” on Android, “Fing” on iPhone / iPad or “Advanced IP Scanner” on Windows. This will give you the MyOmBox IP address. You can then access it by typing the IP address found in your internet browser. (For example: http://192.168.1.15, beware, MyOmBox may be named “Raspberry Pi” by the scanner you will use.)
You can see a “Raspberry Pi” or “MyOmBox” line
In that case, your MyOmBox can be found on the network, you just need to type the IP address found preceded by http:// in your internet browser in order to access it… You have encountered this problem because your ADSL box has assigned a new IP address to your MyOmBox. You can avoid this type of problem by setting the IP address of MyOmBox in the DHCP range of your ADSL Box. A tutorial is available at this address. (first step only)
You cannot see a “Raspberry Pi” or “MyOmBox” line
If this is the case, try the different tests below:
– Try unplugging your ADSL Box’s power supply, wait 10s, and reconnect it. The RJ45 network cable must always be connected to your ADSL box. Then, try to redo test 3.
– Try unplugging your MyOmBox power supply, wait 10s, and reconnect it. The RJ45 network cable must always be connected to your ADSL box. Then, try to redo test 3.
If nothing happens, you may have a configuration problem, in which case please do contact us stating that you were not able to complete step 3 of this test.
3- MyOmBox works but the MyHome BUS/SCS system has stopped responding
This means that there is a problem with your MyHome BUS F454 or F455 gateway…
Check that the gateway’s IP address hasn’t been modified
It is possible, as with the MyOmBox system, that your ADSL box has changed your MyHome gateway IP address if you haven’t set it… in this case, try using a network scan such as “Net Scan” on Android, “Fing” on iPhone / iPad or “Advanced IP Scanner” on Windows. This will enable you to verify that your gateway’s IP address hasn’t changed. If it has changed, you must update this IP address in your MyOmBox admin section.
Check that your gateway’s IP range authorisations are correct
In order to be able to communicate with your MyHome BUS/SCS gateway, you need to authorise MyOmBox to communicate with it. To do so, you must configure the port range on your gateway F454 or F455 interface from a web page for example. A message “Successful Connection!” must be displayed on the admin page of your MyOmBox (see screen below).
Check that your gateway functions properly
It is also possible that your BUS/SCS F454 or F455 gateway doesn’t function properly. In that case, you can try to switch the power off for 1min, and switch it back on to retest it.
Then, try connecting from your internet browser to the web interface of your F454 or F455 gateway. If the problematic functionalities (lights, shutters, consumption, heat…) do not work on your official gateway, your gateway is faulty. In this case, it is normal that MyOmBox does not work properly, as it depends on this gateway. Please contact your engineer or one of our partner engineers to replace your product.